The short version: Spam is evil. No one wants it, and we simply do not allow it.
SendCastle is completely compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and similar regulations in the EU. Our system has been built and refined to ensure we meet the strictest of standards.
SendCastle has a zero-tolerance spam policy. It will simply not be tolerated under any circumstances. SendCastle employs proprietary algorithms that monitors all list uploads, email content, and result metrics to identify anyone not adhering to our policies and following email marketing best practices. Any user found to be using the SendCastle's service for spam will be immediately suspended from use of the service.
If you know of any violators, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take this very seriously, and in doing so, we ensure that all of our clients can experience industry leading deliverability.
What is Spam?
Spam is unsolicited email also known as junk mail or UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email). By sending email only to those who have explicitly requested to receive it from you, you are following acceptable permission-based email guidelines.
How SendCastle protects you from sending spam:
SendCastle is a permission-based email marketing service provider that follows strict anti-spam permission-only guidelines:
- We strongly urge you to use double opt-in policy when adding users to your recipient lists. In SendCastle you have the ability to choose between single opt-in or double opt-in in the signup forms. But single opt-in should only be used in extraordinary cases and we may contact you and ask you to change it (that some users do not confirm is not
a good reason to use single opt-in). Also see "Verification" below.
- Every email generated from SendCastle.com contains an unsubscribe link which automatically updates your mailing lists to avoid the chance of sending unwanted emails to contacts who have unsubscribed. These contacts are then added to your "Do Not Mail" list and blocked from any future mailings or imports.
- SendCastle automatically sends all of your new subscribers a welcome email confirming their interest in receiving emails from you. If your new contact does not confirm their intent (double opt-in) then they are not added to your mailing list. In addition, if your contact changes his or her interests in the subscription settings, SendCastle automatically sends an email confirmation.
- As is in accordance with the Can-Spam Act, every message sent from SendCastle is automatically filled in with your physical address.
- The email header information is set for you by SendCastle and includes accurate information.
Isn't there a law restricting Spam?
Sendcastle.com strongly endorses all anti-spam laws. Both EU laws and the US federal anti-spam law went into effect on January 1, 2004. This law supercedes and preempts all local and state laws. While this new law does not outlaw spam entirely, it does make it far less attractive to potential spammers. New laws and regulations are always being discussed and SendCastle closely monitors the situation to ensure you are always compliant.
How can I protect myself from spamming? Take the Test!
Are you mailing to anyone who has not explicitly agreed to join your mailing list?
Are you mailing someone who has requested NOT to receive messages from you?
Are you mailing to someone who has unsubscribed from your mailing list?
Are you importing a purchased list of any kind?
Are you sending to non-specific addresses such as: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or other generic addresses?
Are you sending to distribution lists or mailing lists which send indirectly to a variety of email addresses?
Are you lying with respect to your physical address or contact information?
Have you used a third party email address or domain name without their permission?
Does your email's subject line contain false, inaccurate, or misleading information?
Is your sender-domain or are links in your mail on any URI blacklists?
If you answered yes to one or more of the questions above you are at risk of being seen as a spammer. We are actively monitoring all our customers' activities to protect you and us from any malicious activity.
SendCastle works hard to make the Internet a better place for everyone. Spam is a problem that the world is dealing with, and SendCastle is doing its part in putting this problem behind us.